Thursday 19 June 2014

Welcome Aboard!

Fáilte! 

The name is Ceara and I would like to welcome you to my new Blog! (You can find the old one here!) As you may guess from the name, I have barely traveled abroad throughout the 21 years of my life so far. I feel having only visited 3 countries is a whole lot less compared to a lot of friends, family and acquaintances I know. I've never been on a sun holiday, drinking/partying holiday or pure adventure holiday. I went sight-seeing in London once then visited London 3 other times for drama trips (which were AMAZING!), went to Rome when I was 8 for three months which was also amazing and then left the continent for the first time to volunteer in Africa for 3 months. That trip to Africa was also (yes you guessed it) . . . AMAZING! In fact, it's all I really talk about nowadays. 

"That time I drank rhino poo!"


"That time I got attacked by monkeys. . .twice!"


"That time I made a holy show of Irish people by thinking I could sing and belting out a song on an out-of-tune guitar (while drunk)."


"That time I continued to make a show of Irish people by getting my friend to pull over so I could get sick on the way home from our one night out! (Yes obviously I was also drunk, but if you knew how cheap the alcohol is in South Africa, you would find it difficult not to make the most of it too!!)"


There are so many stories I have from my time there. For someone who has barely traveled I think that's pretty understandable! And considering the amount of feedback I received from people who read the blog, they found themselves laughing at my innocent expectations and surprise. (I honestly thought I was in business class when trying to find my seat on Emirates. Having never flown long distance before I genuinely had NO idea they gave everyone a blanket, pillow and headphones!) Anyway, you can find out more about me on the About Page and also why I started blogging and why I chose what to blog about.


This is just a prelimanary preliminarey preliminary blog post. (That's literally how I misspelled the word before I had to spell check it. . .) The rest to follow will be much more juicy and entertaining! 


Grá,

Ceara

PS. Here is a celebratory picture of me having JUST finished the first post and setting up all the sites, just for you. (Please 'scuse the frizz, ginger life can be tough.)


No comments:

Post a Comment