Wednesday 20 August 2014

Salou Day 6: My First Hair Braid! Good Service & The Cutest Airport

I did myself the favour of packing last night as I knew how unrealistic it was that I would be able to function before 9 in the morning let alone concentrate on what was legal and not legal to bring on a plane. After eventually having breakfast and checking out, we left our luggage in a room of the hotel while we lazed by the pool for a bit. I spent this time blogging in the shade as I was running out of factor 50. Ginger Irish girl problems! Eventually I went for my last wander around Salou with one goal in mind; I wanted to get a hair braid.

YAY!!!
I remember so vividly as a child seeing my friends and cousins after they've been on holidays and as well as a tan, they nearly always had these colourful hair braids. Now I'm on holiday so I want a bright, colourful, hair braid, even if it is 10 years later! I eventually found a lady doing them and got one done! I got to pick two colours and a bead and everything. I was probably more excited about this than I ever was about going to the hair dressers my entire life. Although the fact that the lady said I have too much hair and I needed to hold it forward was kind of embarrassing... Even though it cost €10, it was worth it!


I picked up a few souvenirs around town and then collected my suitcases before getting a bite to eat. Obviously we would find the place with the nicest staff and the nicest food on our very last day. We went to O'Brian's at The Titanic Bar & Restaurant which had the tastiest, freshest vegetarian roll I've ever had. The menu was in various languages and nothing was overly priced. They also had loads of vegetarian options! On top of that, the bartender/waitress we had was lovely and so helpful. Her name was Julie and not only did she advise us on what we should eat that would allow us time to get to the airport, but also let us know exactly how long we had to wait so we weren't anxious about missing our flight. We were originally planning on getting a bus to the airport but on discovering it stops at nearly every hotel between where we were and Reus, Julie advised we should get a taxi as it would be quicker and cheaper. She then arranged a taxi for us upon our request and off we went. She was a lovely lady and the only thing that upset me was the fact that we only found the place at the end of our stay. Typical!

The taxi only cost about €6 which was well worth the reduced stress we then had. Reus airport is also the smallest airport I've ever been in. It's tiny! The security checkpoint is across the hall when you get there and as soon as you get through that, there are 5 gates of the airport right there, lined around this basketball court sized hall. It's so CUTE. What's more, the shop they had there sold bottles of wine for €3.60. I loaded up on these and headed onto the plane a happy lady. Thank you Spain!

I took one last look at the clear blue sky which I felt I wouldn't be seeing for a very long time before boarding.
Goodbye hot, sandy Spain!
However flying over Ireland I the rolling green hills and green fields and green trees and life everywhere. It's home. Even if the weather is bipolar, back to front and never what you want to it to be, it's home.
Hello cold, cloudy, green Ireland!
If it wasn't for my a-m-a-z-i-n-g sister, I never would of had this actual holiday. Thank you, thank you, thank you! My first sun holiday! I have no tan, but I have more freckles and the memories of swimming in a warm sea. 

Spain, I will definitely be back.

Hasta luego/Slán go fóill/Goodbye for now.

Grá,

Ceara

x

I wonder where the next adventure will take me...

1 comment:

  1. Braiding hair- In this section, you will find a distinct catalog of all our knotless braid wigs. You can select one according to your preferred color, lace material, style, length, and density. Our scalp-looking low-maintenance braided wigs are suitable for everyone.

    ReplyDelete