Saturday 21 June 2014

The First BBA Adventure...

For my 21st birthday, my crazy sister went and bought me a holiday. Obviously, now, out of my siblings (which consists of 2 full brothers, 2 half brothers, 1 half sister, 1 step brother and 1 sister in-law), she wins the Favourite Sibling award! Before the idea of this blog even entered my head she knew I haven't had the typical holidays abroad and felt I was worthy of a real holiday.
So we're going to Espana!! (I don't know how to do that squiggly thing above the 'n' like how it's supposed to be so just imagine it's there. . .)

On the 29th of July we're flying to Reus (my sister said a word that sounded like 'reece' so I'm guessing that's correct, there are a LOT of airports in Spain) and then staying in a hotel near Port Aventura in Tarragona for 5 nights. 

There are many reasons why I'm extremely excited for this trip. Here are just five;

  1. I've never been to Spain before. - I'm gonna be fluent in Spanish when I get back amigos!
  2. I've never stayed in a HOTEL on a holiday abroad. (I'm gonna be calling room service all like "Yo, can I have 10 extra towels please. Gracias." which I'm SO excited for!)
  3. I've never been to a beach in a different country before and apparently there's one nearby! - I'm Irish and I can say in advance if being topless is 'the norm' on the beach, I will not be joining in. That only calls for extra areas to apply sunscreen to and I won't even tan so, no point! And will the sea water be warm?? Oh my God.
  4. I've never been to a proper water park before. - My only experience of a ‘water park’ to date is Splashworld in Waterford (Ireland). Do you know of it? Well if not I’ll briefly explain. To my recollection it consisted of a kiddies area with a pirate ship that shot out water from a canon, a fountain you could sit under, those fake waves that reached about one foot high and two twisting slides. Basically it was a big swimming pool with the occasional colourful landmark and you occasionally had to take someone else's plaster off your foot. So to be in a real water park with various water rides and stuff and stuff and more stuff, will be AWESOME.
  5. I've never holidayed with my sister or nephew before. - Spain better prepare itself because the two of us are insane enough and excitable enough on our own. Being together, on holiday, somewhere hot, for the first time; we'll be like kids on Christmas morning!
Just. . .oh my goodness I'm so excited. It hasn't even really hit me yet as I wasn't involved in booking anything so I'm just banking on what my sister says. Let's just hope this isn't some prank or scheme on MTV's Punk'd. Not that I'm important enough to be 'punk'd' but you never know!

This guy's sunscreen method is just like mine.
There's a lot of preparation I need to undertake before this trip, such as stocking up on litres of Factor 50 sunscreen and figuring out how I'm going to get it to Spain via one of RyanAir's restricting no-smiles-no-space-no-extras-no-happiness-only-a-stupid-landing-trumpet-jingle-flights. I'll need enough to apply everywhere, everyday as in the demonstration there in Exhibit A on your right. >



I'll also need to begin learning Spanish so I can seduce handsome men when I'm there and not end up asking them for 'the placenta of your birth' instead of 'your Snapchat name'. I don't know, it could happen! So far all I can say in Spanish is "Hay una fiesta en mis pantalones!" and that is NOT the path I wish to follow (or other people to follow) on this holiday.

Time to get a crackin'!

Adios amigos, 

Amor,

Ceara 

x


No comments:

Post a Comment